To be a voting member of the Brehon Law Society, you must be:
- A person of Irish ancestry; and
- A member of good standing of the bar of any jurisdiction
- A public executive or holder of public office
- A public administrator or administrative officer
- A judicial officer or quasi-judicial officer, or
- A student currently enrolled in an accredited law school.
To be a Friend of the Brehons, you must be interested in fostering the profession of law among individuals of Irish ancestry and furthering a higher standard of legal ethics and culture for the social, civic and commercial welfare of the community. A Friend of the Brehons is entitled to all privileges except the right to hold office and the right to vote.