Founded in 1976, the Brehon Law Society is a professional association that fosters the profession of law among individuals of Irish ancestry. The Society is comprised of judges, lawyers, law students and their friends. The Society provides a forum for educational, cultural and social activities concerning Irish heritage and tradition. We also seek to promote closer affiliations between the bench, the bar, students of law and the community, and to further a high standard of legal ethics.
Over the past 35 years, the Society has grown from a handful of lawyers to over 500 members and now has branches in many of the law schools in the greater Philadelphia region.
The Philadelphia Bar Association values its longstanding partnership with the Brehon Law Society, and our shared commitment to access to justice and service to the community and the profession. As a member of the Brehon Law Society, your active participation in the Philadelphia Bar Association is vital to our success.
If you are not currently a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, I hope you’ll consider the many advantages of membership, including:
- Free and Low-Cost CLE Courses – Receive SIX free CLE credits as part of your membership, and have access to high-quality CLE courses throughout the year.*
- Networking Opportunities and Potential Referral Sources – Attend daily Section or Committee breakfast or lunch programs, evening receptions and special events and meet other lawyers who can help open the door to business development opportunities. Network with attorneys in more than 50 practice areas at hundreds of annual events. Work side-by-side with judges to enact positive change in local, state and federal rules and procedures.
- Leadership Opportunities – Join the leadership ranks of our Sections, chair one of more than 100 Committees, lead an Association program, community service project or charitable event, or run for elected office as a Board of Governors member or line officer.
- Significant Discounts on Products and Services – Enjoy exclusive savings on leading brands including: Veritext, UPS, Office Depot, Avis/Budget Car Rental, Lenovo, Zipcar, 1-800-Flowers, Brooks Brothers, Expedia, MyCase, Kimball Office, Sherwin-Williams, DocuSign, Level(3), Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Chima Philadelphia, and many more. Additionally, you can qualify for a 5% premium credit and 7.5% risk control credit on lawyers’ professional liability insurance, and take advantage of a wide array of other insurance brokerage services, through USI Affinity.
You can easily join the Philadelphia Bar Association, or renew your membership, by clickinghere, or by visiting PhiladelphiaBar.org. Please call Andrea Morris-Tracey, our Member Services Manager, at 215-238-6313 or email her at email@example.com if you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Gaetan J. Alfano
Chancellor, Philadelphia Bar Association
* As part of your membership, enjoy high-quality, low-cost CLE programming throughout the year with the added benefit of receiving six free CLE credits. The Philadelphia Bar Association will offer free two-credit CLE programs at three intervals during the year, including on May 4, 5, and 7.